Simple Answers from All Pro Servicenter for West Des Moines: High Mileage VehiclesFeb 13th, 2014
What do I need to do for my high mileage vehicle?
All Pro Servicenter Answer:
West Des Moines drivers ask this question at All Pro Servicenter a lot more these days. The median age for vehicles on Iowa roads is now over 11 years. Regardless of your reason for keeping your vehicle around, the good news for West Des Moines drivers is that it's capable of going 150,000 to 200,000 miles (or 250,000 to 3500,000 kilometers) or more with proper care and professional automotive service at All Pro Servicenter.
Here are some tips from All Pro Servicenter on how to make your car last:
- First, West Des Moines drivers should follow all of their regularly scheduled maintenance routines. Things like oil changes, transmission and cooling system service are for avoiding damage. This reduces your overall cost for keeping your vehicle for a long time.
- Next, regular inspections are critical for West Des Moines drivers. Look, those parts are starting to get old and will become worn out the more you drive. Thorough inspections of various systems will uncover things that are nearing the end of their service life, like suspension, brake and steering components. Replacing worn parts early not only prevents breakdowns but relieves stress on related components so they will last longer as well.
- Another thing for West Des Moines drivers to consider is the use of special high mileage fluid formulations. For example, high mileage engine oil has special additives that condition those old seals and gaskets. It also has extra detergents to help keep that older vehicle engine clean inside. High mileage oil, transmission fluid, etc., costs a little more but can really head off some of the problems that are typical of older vehicles around Iowa.
- One last thing for West Des Moines drivers would be to consult with your friendly and knowledgeable pros at All Pro Servicenter about the overall condition of your vehicle and your driving routines. It may be advisable to follow your vehicle's severe service schedule.
- Even with the occasional unexpected repair associated with an older vehicle, you can still enjoy good, reliable transportation if you take good care of your ride.
Give us a call.
All Pro Servicenter
1121 Railroad Ave
West Des Moines, Iowa 50265
At All Pro Servicenter we install quality NAPA replacement parts.